Most of us wears make-up and we are worried because we are almost in July, one of the hottest months of the year. It can be a major problem if your make up doesn’t last all day. You have to continually touch up over the course of the day to keep your make up looking fresh. It is often annoying you’re your make up “melts” after a few hours of wear after you have applied your make up oh so carefully. In order to keep your make up long-lasting, here are a few tricks and techniques for you to have fresh-looking make up that lasts all day.
HOW TO MAKE MAKE UP LAST LONGER
For Your Face
- Always allow your moisturizer to absorb into your skin before applying foundation. If you don’t, it will become messy and unmanageable. Not only that, It will also make it easier for your make up to “melt”.
- Dab some powder to set the makeup. You can either use a loose powder product like Mary Kay Cosmetics Loose Poweder or you can use a pressed powder like Mary Kay Cosmetics Pressed Powder. This will keep you looking fresh all day long, Just make sure that the powder you are using is as close to your skin tone as possible. You can also use a translucent powder.
- For retouching, use Mary Kay Cosmetics Beauty Blotters oil blotting sheets first to absorb any oil that may have broken through. These sheets serve a dual purpose: they will absorb the excess oil from your face and they will also prevent your make up from looking cakey.
- Try using a foundation primer like Mary Kay Cosmetics Foundation Prime. A face primer is a produt that you apply first before you apply your foundation. This will help create a smoother base for your make up. If you are a grab and go, dash out the door girl and you love using a mineral powder foundation, try using a tinted moisturizer with an spf. This will serve many purposes. First you will have your moisturizing base for the mineral powser foundation. It will provide spf coverage and give you a smoother skin tone with an air brush effect.
For Your Eyes
Eye primers can prevent your eye shadows from creasing. They also provide a base canvas which allows the color of your eye shadow to show up more intensely and it will also allow your shadow to last longer as well. You can make your own primer or you can simply try Mary Kay Cosmetics Eye Primer from your Independent Beauty Consultant. .
- Go for a good waterproof mascara. It will last longer and you will need fewer touch ups. .
For Your Lips
- Use a lip liner to prevent your lipstick from bleeding. What you want to do is line your lips carefully. If you want your lip color to last longer, color in your lips using your lip liner.
- Blot your lips with a tissue before adding another layer with lipstick. You can then add your favorite lip gloss.
- Another great way to make your lip color last longer is to prepare your lips first. What you will want to do is use a lip scrub to remove any dead skin. Then you will want to use a moisturizing lip balm or a lip primer berofe you use any lip color products.
Wearing Make up is a woman’s prerogative and also a part of life. She may do so for many daily and special occasions. And I ask you, what’s more special than living your life to the fullest? So, use these simple make up tips to help you extend the life of your make up. Do you have other make up tips that you’d like to share with us? Give us a tweet or you can also post on our Facebook Page or our Google Plus Page.